Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Twentieth: My God Only Hours Left

1.5 to be exact. I need to also stop and have lunch, and write the rest of my paper. Never fear, I believe the workshop style class that I was confused about earlier is a time and place for busting ass to pass get my drift? In a room lined with computers and nothing to do but work I think that might be the teacher's intent. OK, well, time to resort to some of the tricks I have hiding under my sleeve.

Cool Quotes from Dead People*
  • We are born with two incurable diseases; life, from which we die, and hope, which says maybe death isn't the end. - Andrew Greeley
  • Even the most horrible, catastrophic ending to something beautiful can't erase the beauty that has already occurred. - E.W.
  • Where does beauty begin? Where does it end? Where it ends is where the artist begins. - John Cage
  • The end is inherent in the means. - Gandhi
  • I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. - Douglas Adams
  • It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end. - Ursula LeGuin
  • Our greatest fear should be not that our lives will some day come to an end, but rather, that they may never begin. - Somebody
  • The end is never as satisfying as the journey. To have achieved everything but to have done so without integrity and excitement is to have achieved nothing. - Somebody

That last one was spot on wasn't it?! I think so for definitely. More?! Yes.

  • In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. - MLK Jr.
  • Whatsoever thou takest in hand, remember the end, and thou shalt never do amiss. - God
  • A morning sun and a wine-bred child and a Latin-bred woman seldom end well. - George Herbert
  • The end crowns all. - Dutch People
  • All's well that ends well; still the fine's the crown. Whate'er the course, the end is the renown. - William Shakespeare
  • The end crowns all, And that old common arbitrator, Time, Will one day end it. - William Shakespeare

That was nice. I think we've all learned a lot.

*Might not actually be dead. Don't believe the reports! Have hope.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Ramblin' and recording it all...

Followers